tee gee eye eff blogdom & welcome to…
and because i was asked last week…
Here are the basic Q&A's on blog hops:
1) What is a blog hop? A blog hop also called a link up is basically a widget, called a linky, that allows bloggers to add their blog to a list. The list can be on multiple sites or may just be on the site of the blogger hosting the hop.
2) What is the purpose of a blog hop? Blog hops allow you to visit other blogs, follow blogs you like, and gain followers.
3) How do I participate? It's easy, just follow the rules the host has left. Sometimes the host asks that you place the blog hop button on your site or in a post, others have no rules. You then add your blog to the list and then visit other blog from the list. When you find blogs you enjoy follow them and leave a comment.
4) Why should I leave a comment? Leaving a comment allows the blogger to know that you are now following them. However, there are a few rules of etiquette:
■Don't spam bloggers
■Don't ask bloggers to visit your site and follow you
■Try to leave a sincere comment. Comment on the post or their blog in general and then let them know you are stopping by from the blog hop. No need to ask them to stop by your blog, if they are participating they already know how it works.
5) How long is a blog hop? Blog hops typically last one day although some may last an entire weekend and specialty blog hops may last a week or more.
6) How many blogs should I visit? As many as you would like. Visiting blogs through blog hops takes time so you may not get to everyone on the list, the great things is most blog hops are weekly events so you can stop back b next week.
7) How do I find blog hops? We have a list of member blog hops here on the community. You can check out our member blog hop list here. Also many bloggers have buttons for blog hops in their sidebars if you see one that catches your eye click on it and usually you will be brought to the site that hosts the hop and you can find out more.
If you plan on attending blog hops to gain followers make sure you have a way for new followers to follow you. You can add the GFC widget to the sidebar of your blog ot if you use Blogger add the followers widget.
i hope that helps with some of the newer blogs & bloggers!
now for my hop…
as usual – no rules – link up whatever ya like – even giveaways & other hops!
rockin’ the hop button is always nice & i über appreciate all of you that do!
and if ya find a new blog that blows your skirt up – follow along & be sure to leave them a nice comment saying hello & tell them ya found them on *the no more muffin top* hop.
that’s it – easy peasy!
happiest friday & i will be back tonight to report on my weigh-in…
i feel a gain coming on & i am already okay with & prepared for it!
peace, l♥ve & carpe the fuck outta this diem!
***blogger is still not allowing me to do basic editing like fonts/size/color & i think it sucks ass bigger than doo-dah***