**disclaimer: these are strictly my opinions of jillian michaels 30 day shred – i am in no way being endorsed (although that would be freakin awesome) or prompted to either try or write about this workout. i heard how intense it is & i wanted to challenge myself by completing it. my daily diary & thoughts are from my heart & no holds bar!**
happy day 30 bloggah’s!
(i appologize if this is a bit long-winded… i will try to keep it to a kinda dull roar.)
so today i completed the 30 day shred.
(taken today -- don’t I look happy as fuck?!?!)
i did it consequetively for 30 days upping my level every 10 days & the experience has truly changed my life.
(full body – seriously, don’t I look happy as fuck?!?!?!)
(side view – even here i look happy as fuck & you can’t even see my whole face!)
here are the digits – while my weight didn’t change drastically losing 13 ½ inches in 30 days is just amazing & worth every sore muscle & bead of sweat!
so what have i learned in the past 30 days that made this such a life altering experience?
1. i can do anything i set my mind to. anything.
2. pain from pushing yourself sucks but it truly is weakness leaving the body – because you most certainly can work through the pain!
3. i sell myself short in so many ways & that is something i will not be doing ever again.
4. it really isn’t all about a number on the scale – my results are proof of that – and i am no longer going to allow a contraption dictate how i feel about myself, my body, and/or my abilities.
5. weight/circuit/interval training is amazing & where i have seen the best results of my life!
6. i now understand & get that *high* from working out because i love the way it makes me feel & that sense of accomplishment when i finish. i feel like conan the barbarian (minus the pecker) when i finish working out now!
7. if you aren’t sweatin’ your beans off & don’t look like hammered shit – you didn’t workout right.
8. i can get water down & even choose it over diet soda now. wow!
9. i’d rather be fit & strong than skinny.
10. exercise is cheaper than therapy & way more effective.
11. my body can do amazing things that i never thought possible – like military pushups, plank pose exercises, lunges, power jumps, running, etc .
12. i have more energy than i have had since my early 30’s – true fuckin’ story!
13. habit is indeed formed in 21 days – maybe even a little less.
14. the fitter i get – the more i want & the better the sex is.
15. i ♥ jillian michaels but her bloat/detox drink is horrendous & i couldn’t get 60oz. down if ya held a freakin’ gun to my head!
16. in level 2 jillian makes a comment about how pushing yourself & getting strong will transcend into other facets of your life – in just 30 days i see that in immeasurable ways.
17. daily movement/exercise is that missing piece of my weight loss puzzle & has made seeing & obtaining results so much easier than not working out daily.
18. i am worth the time, the effort, and the determination – taking time to make myself healthy & fit is not being selfish & i will not longer feel guilty about making time just for myself. going to the gym or doing a dvd at home for an hour or two does not make me a bad mommy, partner, or person – it actually makes me better at all of it!
19. you are never too old, too overweight, too busy, too sad, too out-of-shape to make a remarkable change in your life! i am not powerless over my own life & neither is anyone else.
20. i never want to stop!
so as you can see – i have learned a lot & my outlook on this journey has changed quite a bit. and i know a lot of it sounds like cheesy cliches – but it be the truth & shit!
i am still on weight watchers & will continue to do so because i truly believe in the program. and i will continue to attend my weekly weigh-in & meeting because it is important to me as well. my one & only goal from day one – 65 days ago – was not to quit weight watchers again & i will not.
but my focus isn’t solely about what goes into my mouth & tracking my points – even though i do still track everything every single day. i want this to be about changing my life & i now know i will never make significant change without exercise & pushing myself.
tomorrow i will start another jillian 3-2-1 style workout called ripped in 30 & i am super stoked to keep this momentum going.
once again i invite any & all to join me – or start the 30 day shred – or a completely different workout. the point to this isn’t about what you do or how hard it is – the point is getting your butt exercising every single day & making a committed change.
i cannot wait to see what the next 30 days bring!!!
peace, l♥ve & margaritas bloggy peeps!