Monday, November 14, 2011

run like the wind bullseye!

day 71:
monday monday blogdom!

how was everyone’s weekend?
mine was kickass – hung out with my family/friends (
they are more family than friends) & that is always coolio.
some overeating was done…
okay not true – i just didn’t utilize my points with the right foods & spent too many points on foods that left me feeling unsatisfied – live & learn huh?
at least i worked out hard – that is always a saving grace for me.
but i definitely need to detox from the weekend – eating clean & drinking tons of water for this chickie-poo!

the weather here in rhode island is just crazy – we had snow a day or two before halloween, 70 degree days the following weekend, back to cooler days, & this week we are forecasted to have most of our days in the 60s?
gotta love new england…
or not.
heh.
i am a southern transplant who i don’t think will ever get used to the cold & snow – i loathe it!

the good news is that I have been taking some outdoor walks. I will walk on the treadmill if i have to, but i have always preferred to walk outdoors. i like terrain, a destination, & scenery – it makes for a better walking experience for me. and honestly – i am hoping to get back to running.
i did (errrrr tried) c25k about a year ago but had a bad * dog experience* -- and i am not afraid of dogs but this mofo nearly bit my arm off – seriously! and i was also having really bad foot pain which i learned were bone spurs (wtf?!?!) & i attribute that to being a cheapass & not getting proper running shoes among other things.

i dunno what my hangup about running is?
it is the *holy grail* of working out for me & has always eluded me…
maybe because i struggle with the endurance of it & have very little patience with the process of building the endurance?
i just wanna miraculously get out there and instantly run for miles & miles.
no really i do…
i can see myself doing it clear as day & even dream of how good it feels – but sadly i can never envision myself doing the hard work it takes to get to that running.freely.whilst.the.wind.blows.through.my.hair.perfect.vision.
but if i have learned one thing in this journey....
so to the runners out there…
what helped you get better/build endurance?
is it a program or gear?
or both?
or something entirely different?

also – any suggestions for a good running/cross-training shoe? i am passed being a cheapass & mama needs a new pair of shoes!
i am diggin’ the k-swiss tubes (
as worn by jillian michaels – obsessed much cyn?) – any thoughts out there on ‘em???
and one final thing before i wrap this up….
who wants to do a 5k on thanksgiving?
total brilliant idea via a journey to thin -- her blog rocks!
link up & join the fun!
if my 63 year old mom has committed – so can you!

well… gotta *run*!

peace, l♥ve & margaritas bloggy peeps!
xxoo
cyn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopped by to check in and see what you were up to! Wish this chunkess could stick to the plan as well as you seem to be! Hey I am thinking of doing a 25 days of Christmas linky...would you be interested in joining? I am doing a 15 Days of Thanks one right now...check it out!

Mariebop said...

I remember you were doing so well before that dog incident. I wish I was a runner too, but everytime I try I just can't seem to even remotely enjoy it. So, I think I'll stick to other forms of exercise.

The weather has been the same here. We just get it a day or so before you. I wish fall would come back though.

Maren said...

I'm still building my endurance, but the key to my progress has been the C25K program! It's awesome!

I love that first picture, it illustrates pretty clearly how things work!

Anonymous said...

I want to be a runner one day as well. You can do anything you put your mind to. So.... go get it girlie!

Rachel said...

I'm on day 2 of the 30 Day Shred. My quads are sooooo soooorrrreeee. That's a lie, my whole body is sore. Lol